Bridgette is one of our 15 Friends Ambassadors. Find out more about her at TheNotSoBlog.com.
You can get your Beary Own Cookbook with any purchase of $30 or more at Buildabear.com or at a Build-A-Bear Workshop store near you starting Nov. 1! They will only be around while supplies last, so hurry.
What are your holiday traditions? Do you make cookies with your family? Share your tips below!
October is almost over! Here are the top 10 things you can do on our blog and Facebook page before the holidays are truly upon us.
1. Bear Me App – Turn yourself, and your friends and family, into School Cool Bearemy by visiting our Facebook page and clicking on the Bear Me app at the top of the page. You can add adorable fuzzy bear ears and glasses to any photo, from your computer, from your Facebook albums or from your friends’ profile photos. Tell us what you think! (Pssst… a new holiday version is coming soon!)
2. Pumpkin Pops – Learn how to make pawsome pumpkin cake pops from our furbulous summer intern Caitlin.
3. Pumpkin Carving Stencils – If you haven’t already carved your pumpkin, it’s not too late! Print out one of these kooky spooky stencils to make your neighbors green with envy on Halloween!
4. Octobear is our birthday month! – This year we turned 15. Find out how Build-A-Bear Workshop began and the girl who helped start it all!
5. Pawsome Pinterest – Don’t furget to visit us on Pinterest for family-friendly crafts, recipes, gift ideas, games and activities for when it’s raining and when the sun is shining!
October is Bullying Awareness Month, so…
6. Don’t furget to Take the Pledge! – Visit our Facebook page (click the link on the left) to take the pledge against cyberbullying and a cool badge will appear on your Wall! (Scroll down to find the police officer bear.) Be sure to share it with your Facebook friends to show how we can truly make a difference by being kind online.
9. Sign up to receive a note each time we publish something cool on our blog! Click the orange Subscribe button on the right and enter your email address to receive reminders via email.
10. Comment and let us know what you think below. We’re a company with heart and we appreciate your feedback, especially if it’s just a quick ‘hello’!
See you in November!
We know that a lot of bullying amongst teens and tweens has moved from the classroom to the online world. As Bullying Awareness Month comes to a close, we wanted to talk to one of our Bearville experts to find out how we keep Bearville, our virtual world, a safe place to play for kids of all ages.
“One of the ways we keep children safe in Bearville is with a very detailed Admin Tool, “ said Joy, Interactive OpBearations Manager, who has been involved with Bearville since it opened in 2007. “It allows us to see chat logs, trades [between players], inventory [of players’ accounts], etc. It allows us to quickly and correctly make decisions on whether or not a guest in Bearville is acting appropriately.”
My name is Katie and I am the lucky girl who Maxine credits as the inspiration for Build-A-Bear Workshop®. This is a credit that Maxine generously bestowed upon me, though I feel it is equally correct to say that I was merely a young girl who was willing to share my definite point of view on teddy bears and other furry friends!
by Molly Gold from GO MOM! Inc.
Get your very own Pumpkin Pal Teddy and tell us your Halloween decorating tips below!
by Caitlin Noblitt, Digital Intern Bear
What better way to celebrate this ghoulish month than by making delicious cake pops that look like adorable pumpkins? We decided to make pumpkins but you could make any Halloween character – think ghosts, spiders, monsters, and mummies! Cake pops are the latest craze in baking so try this treat with your kids and gobble up some good food!