We’re hosting a pawsome Twitter party Jan. 3 from 8-9p.m. CST. That CST part is beary important, so be sure to mark your calendars for the right time in your area! We’ll be giving away $25 Bear Buck$® gift cards to five participants, so what have you go to lose?
Be sure you have a Twitter account and follow the directions below.
Here’s how to participate:
1. Search #SlumberPawty in Twitter or download and open your favorite Twitter platform, like Tweetdeck or Hootsuite. If you use a Twitter platform, we recommend creating a column for #SlumberPawty.
2. Create a search column and follow #SlumberPawty
3. Be sure you’re also following us on Twitter @buildabear.
4. Then just participate in the conversation, answer our questions about sleepover ideas and share the photos we tweet of the new collection and accessories with your Twitter followers! (By participating in the conversation, following @buildabear and using #SlumberPawty in all of your tweets you are entered to win one of five $25 Bear Buck$® gift cards.)
We can’t wait to see you there!
by Molly Saunders, Digital Bear
This is an activity my brother and I did with our family every winter when I was growing up. This was the first year I grew my very own paperwhites. These are great because they are SO SIMPLE and grow really fast. They’ll breathe new life into your home during the cold time of the year when everything outside is not so vibrant. Most instructions I’ve found online make this process seem too difficult with too many steps and not enough pictures. So here are some easy ones for you and your family to follow.
1. Here is what you’ll need:
Bulbs – paperwhite narcissus (from a big hardware/garden center, or your local hardware store, sometimes these are more fragrant.) There are now different varieties, some that smell a lot and some that hardly smell at all, so if you get them at a smaller hardware store they will probably know (and have on hand) the different varieties.
Rocks (I always get mine from a dollar store – 3-4 bags will work, unless you have a huge container and tons of bulbs)
A container to grow them in – I like the more shallow dishes, but these can be very hard to find and honestly, the one I used I inherited from my pops. A glass vase with a wide bottom works fine too, or any other kind of planter you have that doesn’t have a hole in the bottom of it.)
These are the supplies to grow paperwhites.
Caitlin Noblitt, Social Media Intern
With the holidays in full swing, you might have already watched the Grinch movie or cartoon. With these instructions you can bring the Grinch into your very own kitchen! Kids will love decorating these Grinch cupcakes and will have a blast recreating his crazy hair. These cupcakes are easy to make once you get the hang of it. Have fun and Happy Holidays!
He doesn’t look so mean anymore with all that sweet frosting!
You know how you have that someone special on your gift list to buy for this year? It’s the person you really want to give something extra special to, and all you have to do is find the perfect gift. Easier said than done, right? Maybe not. Finding the perfect gift this year is easier than you think. In fact, we recently spoke with Rachel and Hayley, two gift-giving pros, to find out what they recommend for all types of perfect gifts for all types of special people.
But first, let’s get to know a little bit about them.